codon usage chart needed

Tom Duncan duncant at cross.bmb.hscsyr.edu
Tue May 14 10:14:39 EST 1996

Penny Avoles wrote:

> I am looking for information on codon usage within E.Coli to try to
> improve the expression of a eukaryotic gene.  Please provide me with a
> reference or a chart itself.  Thanks for your help.
>
> Penny

	Codon usage summaries are published every few years in the journal
Nucleic Acids Research. The latest I have on hand is NAR 16 (1988),
r315-r402 (supplement). There are several codons in E. coli that may
cause expression problems, but success does not always correlate with a
change to a more frequently-used codon.

	Good luck,

	Tom.
--