Native Protein Gel Protcals/Recipes Needed

Uwe Kaerst uka at gbf-braunschweig.de
Wed May 15 02:28:13 EST 1996

In article <4n8acf$bvr at news.duke.edu>, tschantz at galactose.mc.duke.edu says...

>Hi
>

>Does anyone have any good recipes for native protein gels.  Both gradient
>and isocratic.  Any key references would be apprecieates (ie Laemmeli for
>SDS).  I am looking in the molecular weight range of 90-110 KD based on
>SDS gels.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Bill

Hi Bill,

following are some references dealing with native gradient gels.
Hope this helps

Uwe

H. Purkhanbaba, W. D. Maurer und G. M. Rothe. Determination of molecular
weights and
Stokes' radii of non-denatured proteins by polyacrylamide gradient gel
electrophoresis.
3. Estimation of the upper and lower size limits of carbonic anhydrase as a
model for
complexing enzymes..  Electrophoresis 6 (1985), S. 147-154.

G. M. Rothe. Applicability of the log MM -  D relationship to linear
polyacrylamide
gradient gel electrophoresis under a wide range of experimental conditions..
Electrophoresis 3 (1982), S. 255-262.

G. M. Rothe und H. Purkhanbaba. Determination of molecular weights and Stokes'
radii
of non-denatured proteins by polyacrylamide gradient gel electrophoresis. 2.
Determination
of the size of stable and labile molecular weight variants of enzymes from
plant sources..
Electrophoresis 3 (1982), S. 43-48.

G. M. Rothe und H. Purkhanbaba. Determination of molecular weights and Stokes'
radii of
non-denatured proteins by polyacrylamide gradient gel electrophoresis. 1. An
equation
relating total polymer concentration, the molecular weight of proteins in the
range of
104 - 106, and duration of electrophoresis..  Electrophoresis 3 (1982), S.
33-42.

G. M. Rothe und H. Weidmann. Computer-aided calculation of the molecular size
of
nondenatured proteins in pore-gradient gel electrophoresis.  Electrophoresis
12 (1991),
S. 703-709.