Protein separations using Ion Chromatography

IAN MCFARLANE imcfarlane at
Mon May 27 04:44:31 EST 1996

In article <31A5F63C.1C12 at> hall at RUTCHEM.RUTGERS.EDU ("G.S. Hall") writes:
>From: hall at RUTCHEM.RUTGERS.EDU ("G.S. Hall")
>Subject: Protein separations using Ion Chromatography
>Date: 24 May 1996 07:50:43 -0700

>We want to separate proteins, albumin, cerulloplasmin, transferrin, and
>myoglobulin from human serum.  Tried GPC but resolution can not separate
>transferring and albumin.  I heard that ion chromatography using
>gradients works well.  What type of column would you recommend?

Have you thought about dye-affinity chromatography. Pharmacia sell a HiTrap
Blue column which is supposed to separate different serum proteins.
Try Gianazza, Biochem. J., 1982, v203, p637-641

Ian Mc