Protein chromatography

Dr E. Buxbaum EB15 at le.ac.uk
Tue May 28 04:16:44 EST 1996

I have some good experience with a Pharmacia GradiFrac system for low
pressure chromatography. The only problem I encountered was that their
P50 pump is no good for crude feeds (like cytosol). In such cases it is
best to use a peristaltic pump for loading and connect the column to the
GradiFrac system for washing and elution. I suppose you will have the
same problem with any membrane or piston pump. As far as columns go, I
would never get anything but the Pharmacia ones. Oh, and make shure you
get the ones that can be cooled, the additional cost is low and you never
know when you will need it.