Q:stability of immobilized enzyme

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 4 00:18:18 EST 1996

In article <55iiif$65e at rks1.urz.tu-dresden.de>, xn at space.wh1.tu-dresden.de
wrote:
#Hello
#
#Does anyone knows  a paper or literature that deals with the stability
#of  an enzyme (especially glucoseoxidase  (GOD   EC1.1.3.4  )) after
#immobilization into a polymeric surface. I wonder if the
#immobilization might conservate the enzyme activity for longer time.

I don't have any refs, but think such should be easy to find in > 10 yo
literature when immobilized enzymes were thought to be the "next great
thing". Specifically, glucoseoxidase activity, once immobilized on
sepharose (no personal experience) or in the form of conjugates with Ab
(that's I know for sure), is very stable. By analogy to conjugates, I'd
say that sepharose could could be equilibrated with 50% glycerol or 40%
ethylene glycole (I like the latter better because of lower viscosity) and
stored at -20C forever.

- Dima