Sensitive peptide assay?

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Nov 6 12:55:34 EST 1996

I wonder whether there is a sensitive peptide assay being able to detect
between 10 pmol and 1 nmol of a peptide.  I was thinking about UV detection
at 214 nm but I think that the extinction coefficient is not high
enough (when I assume that it's 1000 per peptide bond -- which is just
a wild guess -- I would be able to detect 1 nmol / 100 ul).

Any ideas?

--Cornelius.