PDB parsing [Q]

Dmitry Beransky dberansky at ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 9 17:21:44 EST 1996

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup to post such a message, but
it is the closest I could find.

I need to write a program that among other things parses PDB files.  I'm
a programmer and I've never before dealt with PDB files.  I know that
there are currently two formats in which , PDB files can be found: v.1
and v.2.  My question is this:  is it possible to tell the difference
between the two formats programmatically?

If there is another place more suited to the nature of my question, do
let me know.

Thanks in advance

Dmitry Beransky
University of California, San Diego

Multimedia Interactive Learning Laboratory (MILL)|Tel. 619/534-8560
Department of Biology, UC San Diego              |Fax 619/534-1835
Web:  http://millftp.ucsd.edu/