small volume dialysis

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Tue Nov 12 19:07:11 EST 1996

In article <009AB424.1AC6CEA0.10 at UFCC.UFL.EDU>,
 <kewugator at UFCC.UFL.EDU> wrote:

>I am going to dialysis some proteins (30 KDa) in very small volume (20 ul).

You might try floating dialysis.  Float a small piece of filter paper on
water (or whatever you're dialyzing into), and gently pipette the sample
on top of the filter.  After you're done, gently pipette it off again.  If
your hands aren't shaky it's very easy.

I don't know what filter would be the best - check with MilliPore for the
appropriate one.

Ian