Thank you

Mon Nov 18 10:11:55 EST 1996

Date:          Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:29:10 -0700
To:            hleiter at
From:          Hiranya Roychowdhury <hroychow at>
Subject:       Re: (no subject)
Cc:            protein-analysis at

Just a possibility:
A polypeptide showing an Mr or 50kDa on SDS-PAGE may very well have a
physical Skokes radius equivalent to 30kDa (or slightly less)  in its native
form. Also, check the retention using conventional dialysis using membranes
of 30k (and less) cut-offs.

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
Plant Genetic Engineering Lab.
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Ph. (505) 646-5785
hroychow at

Thank you for your help - I can only imagine what the Skokes radius
is - I couldn`t find it in a book - can you give me a hint ?
The same effect using  dialysis membranes - only a cutoff of 10000MW
gives good results.

+      Haralt Leiter                 Institut fuer Chemie  +
+ e-mail: leiter at     Univ. f. Bodenkultur  +
+   Tel.: +43-1-36006-6065               Muthgasse 18      +
+         +43-1-36006-6511 (Lab)     1190 Wien - Austria   +
    This message was printed on 100% recycled electrons