Best restriction peptidase

Doug Pecota pecota at design.eng.uci.edu
Wed Nov 20 22:24:44 EST 1996

  I plan to make a fusion protein in the near future.  I wanted to know
which of the commercially available restriction peptidases
(enterokinase, thrombin, and factor Xa) is best. Some people have
suggested they do not give complete cleavage, inactivate
proteins and are not that specific.  The gels shown in the Novagen catalog
suggest that enterokinase is very specific and cleaves >90%. Do they
work in detergent? If you have any recommendations or can guild me to a
comparison study.  Please E-mail me or post.

Thanks
Doug Pecota
University of California Irvine
pecota at eng.uci.edu

It isn't what you know, nor even who you know, but also what you know that
isn't so.