His-tagged protein won't stick to Ni column

Boris Steipe steipe at LMB.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Nov 20 15:56:46 EST 1996

> Yeah, and pick up all those proteins that bind to chelated Zn and Cu,
> but do not bind to Ni (FYI, Ni is much more specific for His, while other
> divalents bind other aromatics as well).
>
> - Dima

Pharmacia and Qiagen material are not the same: Pharmacia sells
Iminodiacetic acid (IDA) and Quiagen sells Nitrilotriacetic acid (NTA).
We once checked and found that Zinc would work somewhat better with IDA
and Nickel somewhat better with NTA. The differences were not dramatic
though. Check Lindner et al. (1992) Methods 4:41-56.

Greetings,
Boris

--
     +---Dr. Boris Steipe------------<steipe at LMB.uni-muenchen.de>---+
     |   Genzentrum                                                 |