Protein binding to eppendorf/cuvette walls.

Inyup Park ipark at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Wed Nov 20 12:14:18 EST 1996

qi bao (q-bao at nimr.mrc.ac.uk) wrote:
: Hi
: I am working with a protein that seems to bind strongly to the
: walls of eppendorfs and cuvettes.
: If I put a certain concentration of protein into one of these vessels
: then remove it, the concentration is reduced considerably, (no
: precipitation observed).

: Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problem?

: Anyone got any good ideas how I can get around this?

: The data that I am trying to get does not allow me to try using
: other non-specific proteins in the vessels.

: Also, I know that siliconising the walls may be a solution but
: presumeably when doing this the extent of siliconisation from tube
: to tube will vary and may affect the reproduciblity of results.

: Any ideas will be gratefully received (e-mail or newsgroup or both)

: Thanx

: Dave (d-hollin at nimr.mrc.ac.uk)

How about vortexing the hell out of it?  :)

(It worked for me...  Just stick it into the vortexer and go to lunch,
dinner, or whatever, and when you come back... voila!)

InYup Park
Korea Advanced Institute
of Science and Technology
U Penn '95