Protein binding to eppendorf/cuvette walls.

qi bao q-bao at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 20 07:25:49 EST 1996

Hi
I am working with a protein that seems to bind strongly to the
walls of eppendorfs and cuvettes.
If I put a certain concentration of protein into one of these vessels
then remove it, the concentration is reduced considerably, (no
precipitation observed).

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problem?

Anyone got any good ideas how I can get around this?

The data that I am trying to get does not allow me to try using
other non-specific proteins in the vessels.

Also, I know that siliconising the walls may be a solution but
presumeably when doing this the extent of siliconisation from tube
to tube will vary and may affect the reproduciblity of results.

Any ideas will be gratefully received (e-mail or newsgroup or both)

Thanx

Dave (d-hollin at nimr.mrc.ac.uk)