How to show protein interaction?

Andy Phillips andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 28 07:11:02 EST 1996

Thorsten Schmidt wrote:

> Dear Reader!
>
> I have a protein and I just want to test if it forms dimers, trimers etc.?
> (The protein was purified by HisTag-Chromatographie and is in solution
> (20mM Tris, 0,5 M NaCl, 1 M Imidazol))
> What is the simplest way to do this?
>
> Thank you for your answer
>
> Thorsten Schmidt

How about electrospray ionization mass spectroscopy (ESI-MS)?

See "Preservation of Noncovalent Associations in Electrospray Ionization
Mass-Spectrometry - Multiply Charged Polypeptide and Protein
Dimers" Smith, R. D., Lightwahl, K. J., Winger, B. E. and Loo, J. A., Org. Mass
Spectrom., 1992, 27, 811-821

Andy
 Email  : andy.phillips at bbsrc.ac.uk  : University of Bristol
 Home   : andy at cycad.demon.co.uk     : IACR Long Ashton Research Station
 Phone  : +44-1275-549257            : Long Ashton
 Fax    : +44-1275-394281            : Bristol, BS18 9AF, UK
 WWW    : http://www.lars.bbsrc.ac.uk/plantsci/molbiol/andy.html