Info on Improper folding and diseases !

Jesus sanz cibsm1s at fresno.csic.es
Tue Sep 3 10:55:29 EST 1996

In article <199608310647.XAA03719 at CATI.CSUFresno.EDU>, jswamin at CATI.CSUFRESNO.EDU (Jawahar Swaminathan) says:

>Hi !
>I am interested in knowing more about  improper
>protein folding leading to diseases in animal systems !
>With special reference to humans..
>Can anyone suggest where this kind of information may be
>obtainable : on the net, books references etc. ?
>Any leads in this matter will be greately apprecaited..
>cheers
>Jawahar

You can start with these:

Bychkova, V.E. & Ptitsyn, O.B. "Folding intermediates are involved in
genetic diseases?"
      FEBS lett. 359, 6-8 (1995)

Thomas, P.J., Qu, B-H. & Pedersen, P.L. "Defective protein folding as a
 basis of human disease"
      TIBS 20, 456-459 (1995)

There are many references therein.

Cheers