Software Info Needed

Craig S. Kim cskim at design.eng.uci.edu
Wed Sep 11 16:08:45 EST 1996

Hello,

I've recently been authorized to go on a spending spree for molecular
bio/biochemistry type software.  Can anyone tell me where I can get
information on the following for a Macintosh PowerPC?

	*  The latest version of DNA strider

	*  A program to design oligos for PCR (prevent dimerization and
	   hairpins)

	*  A program which will find degree of homology between different
	   DNA sequences

	*  A graphical program to visualize different chemical structures
   	   (HyperChem or others?)

If any of you use any of this type of software, I would really appreciate
your opinions of any of the packages out there.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Craig S. Kim
Dept. of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA  92697-2575