Postdoc position in apoptosis and cell cycle at MCG

Xinbin Chen xchen at MAIL.MCG.EDU
Thu Sep 12 09:48:40 EST 1996

Two postdoctoral positions are available immediately  in my laboratory
at Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912. The focus of my lab
is on two related but separated subjects: tumor suppressor protein
p53-dependent apoptosis and cell cycle regulation. By using
tetracycline inducible promoter, we generated a number of cell lines
that express inducible p53 and p21. Recently, we cloned a number of
genes that potentially mediate p53-dependent apoptosis and cell cycle
arrest. My lab is well equipped and now has one energetic postdoc and
one well-trained research assistant.

List of some of my recent publications:

Chen, X., L. Ko, and C. Prives. p53 levels, functional domains and DNA
damage determine the extent of the apoptotic response of tumor cells.
Genes & Dev. In Press.

Chen, X., G. Farmer, H. Zhu, R. Prywes, and C. Prives. 1993.
Cooperative DNA binding of p53 with TFIID (TBP): a possible mechanism
for transcriptional activation. Genes & Dev. 7:1837-1849.

Chen, X., J. Bargonnetti, and C. Prives. 1995. p53, through p21
(WAF1/CIP1), induces cyclin D1 synthesis. Cancer Research.
55:4257-4263.

If you are interested, please e-mail your resume to
³xchen at mail.mcg.edu ³ or send your C.V. to Xinbin Chen, CB2803, IMMAG,
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912.