Request info on semi-dry blotters :)

Virginia Urquidi vurquidi at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 13 11:52:36 EST 1996

In Article <5169ov$ge4 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, browec at aol.com (BroweC) wrote:
>Dear Group,
>
>Does anyone have any experiences using a semi-dry blotter?

I have used ATTO Corp.[Tokio Japan] semi-dry blotters with very good
results. Have metal electrodes and are well designed [consistent with the
design of their mini-slab systems, the best I've tried].

>How does semi-dry compare with standard blotting?

 Semi-dry is not quantitative.
I've always wondered if standard blotting really is.

 Is stacking the gel sandwiches on top of one another to do multiple blots
at once a problem?

In my experience generally is not a problem but occassionally I got
"blurred" westerns after stacking.

V. Urquidi
Nuffield Dept Clinical Biochemistry
Oxford University