Column Choice

Dima Klenchin klenchin at
Thu Sep 19 11:25:58 EST 1996

In article <51phdu$5mh at>,
   krasel at (Cornelius Krasel) wrote:
->Dima Klenchin (klenchin at wrote:
->> In article <51i1cl$1r6 at>, lhom at
(Louis Hom) wrote:
->> #I need to run a sizing column to see if my ca. 30kD protein is
->> #with other proteins.  Can folks recommend places to look where I can
->> #out what the best matrix and respective column sizes would be?  (I
might be
->> #running this by gravity, maaaybe by FPLC, depending on things.)
->> Well, if FPLC, then only Superose 12 makes choice.
->Um, why not using Superdex 75?

Does not resolve well 30 K from 60 K, for example.
(I'm talking about "Prep" version, cause normal one comes
in too bloody expensive columns only).

- Dima