Phage Display of cytosolic Protein

Thomas Weber tomweber at bway.net
Thu Sep 19 08:04:47 EST 1996

Hi there,
I want to display a cytosolic protein, and thereafter random mutants
of it, as a fusion protein with a protein of a filamentous phage, much
like petide libraries.

Here my questions:

has anyone of you out there ever done this and what was your
experience with the nonreducing environment that the usually cytosolic
proteins are now exposed to ?

What is the best vector (phagemid) to use and where can I get it from
?

Did any of you ever use the expression module of the Pharmacia
Recombinant Phage display Antibody System (RPAS) for a similar
purpose, and how are your experiences ?

Thanks for your input

Thomas