Memb. vesicles or solubilized protein complex?

ming at msvax.mssm.edu ming at msvax.mssm.edu
Wed Sep 25 16:57:47 EST 1996

Hi, there, I need some advice on membrane protein solubilization: I was trying to soliblize a receptor protein from plasma membrane. After I treated the memb. prep. with the detergent, the receptor acivity went to the supernatant of a spin at 15,000 g, 20 min., but the activity would be gone at a spin of 45,000g X20 min. Did I solublize the receptor, or the receptor was still in membrane vesicle? What would you suggest me to do next? Thanks in advance!

dave