Stereo viewers

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer pgegen at RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu
Thu Sep 26 12:48:59 EST 1996

A few days ago, Dominique Schaller <dschalle at sc2a.unige.ch> asked about stereo viewers which let one see the 3-D image of a printed stereo pair.  I know have the full address and phone number of the supplier, and pricing (all as of September, 1988, but I know they are still in New York CIty):

Taylor Merchant, Inc.
25 W. 45th Street
New York  NY  10036

phone:  1-800-223-6694

pricing:   4 to 12 viewers,  $ 1.95 each  (as of Sept., 1988)
            13 to 24              $ 1.75   "
            25 to 99              $ 1.60   "
            over 100             $ 1.55   "

These viewers work very well. They magnify the image somewhat, don't block light from the picture, and fold flat when not in use. If you can't do relaxed stereo viewing with the naked eye, these are the way to go (maybe even better).

|  Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       |  Vox: 913-864-3939  FAX: 913-864-5321  |
|  Departments of Biochemistry |    pgegen at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu           |
|   and of Botany              |    http://rnaworld.bio.ukans.edu/      |
|  University of Kansas        |                                        |
|  2045 Haworth Hall           |  "The sleep of reason produces         |
|  Lawrence  KS  66045-2106    |   monsters."                  Goya     |