Info required on 3-beta-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase

Lluis Ribas lluis at aars.mit.edu
Thu Sep 26 10:06:28 EST 1996

Achim Recktenwald, PhD (achim at ibex.ca) wrote:
: Robert S. Strauss wrote:
: >
: > Maxy Mariasegaram <mariaseg at HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA> wrote:
: >
: > >Hello everyone,
: >
: > >I have to write a paper on the above enzyme as part of the course
: > >requirements for a fourth year biochemistry class.
: >
: > >I would appreciate any leads to literature that cover the structure,
: > >function, kinetics and recent development on 3-beta HSD, preferably some
: > >review articles. Failing which, what would be a good way to start this
: > >search? I tried looking up the Bio Abstracts, but that didn't help much.
: >
: > >I look forward to hearing from people out there, and thank you very much
: > >for reading this message.
: >
: > >cheers,
: > >Max

     You'll find a lot of information if you search medline with the
    words : short-chain dehydrogenases.
     In 1995 Jornvall et al. published a review in Biochemistry, it is
    pretty informative, although incomplete.

Lluis