GST fusion proteins HELP

berez at WARREN.MED.HARVARD.EDU berez at WARREN.MED.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Sep 26 10:29:08 EST 1996

I am trying to express a leech homeobox protein in bacteria to make an
antibody.  The protein is insoluble.  I followed the Frangioni and
Neel paper for solubilizing using sarkosyl.  I get a good amount of
the protein into the supernatant, then I add Triton to restore binding
to glutathione sepharose but I don't get a good yeild.  I get back the
tiniest fraction of what is in the supernatant.  I also seem to get
poor elution from the beads.  Any ideas?

Ashley Bruce