Digitonin solubilization

ericsson at acsu.buffalo.edu ericsson at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 10 19:09:25 EST 1997

The digitonin that we have (from Fisher) is very hard to dissolve in water
solution: It requires dissolving in MeOH and then adding dropwise to the
water solution. Boiling brings it into solution, but it comes out of
solution, in part, again when the solution cools. I wish to avoid the
possible interference from having 4% MeOH in my solution, and so ask if
there is a watersoluble form of digitonin? Or how to make it go into
solution?

Christer

--
Christer Ericsson
State University of New York at Buffalo

email ericsson at acsu.buffalo.edu
phone (716) 645-3926
fax (716) 645-3850
Videoconference: CU-SeeMe IP# 128.205.183.71