Preparative IEF

John Sinclair jcs at
Tue Jul 22 16:38:21 EST 1997

Has anyone any experience, good or bad, of the BioRad Rotofor in
preparative IEF? Is it value for money in terms of ease of use over more
"traditional" methods (I've found a few in literature searches, but all
of them seem like they might take a while to get up and working). Or
perhaps someone could recommend a simple protocol that I might be able to
try? My protein is clean as judged by denaturing SDS-PAGE but I'd like to
make sure it's truely homogeneous. I'm hoping to clean up milligram

Thanks in advance for any advice!