Transfecting Prions

Michele Markstein mmarkste at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Jul 28 19:34:34 EST 1997

I am working out conditions to transfect yeast cells with large protein
aggregates and would appreciate any information regarding protein
transfection (in any cell type).

Becasue the yeast cell wall may be an obstacle, my first approach will
be to fuse liposomes to spheroplasted yeast cells. Therefore, I am also
intereseted in general inights/information about yeast lipofection.

In case you are wondering why I am transfecting proteins instead of DNA,
my project is to study the effects of in vitro generated prions fibers.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Michele Markstein