gel scanner/densitometer

Ross Prestidge R.Prestidge at genesis.co.nz
Tue Mar 11 22:15:55 EST 1997

I am looking to buy an inexpensive gel scanner which can image silver-
and Coomassie-stained protein SDS-PAGE gels.   I imagine the most likely
candidate would be a document scanner/computer/software package.   I
would like to be able to integrate peak areas and calculate protein
amounts relative to standards, and also to calculate protein molecular
weights from an Rf standard curve.   Hoefer used to make exactly what I
want, but apparently it was deleted from the range when Pharmacia bought
them out.   Does anyone know of anything suitable?   Any information
will be gratefully received - thanks.

Ross Prestidge