HELP!!!!: Source of Proline Endopeptidase...

John Piper jpiper at MARLIN.UTMB.EDU
Wed Mar 19 12:00:45 EST 1997

Greetings everyone,
	PLEASE, someone help me regain my sanity!!!  I am in the process of trying
to sequence an N-terminal blocked protein, so obviously I am performing a
series of digests.  Well, to make a long story short, I am using the known
sequence of the mouse isoform of this protein to make digestion
predictions.  I ran the mouse sequence through GCG's PeptideMap program,
and one promising digest is ProEn, described in the proenz.dat file as
Proline Endopeptidase.  I have been trying, VERY unsuccessfully, to find a
source of this enzyme.  I even contacted GCG's tech support line, and they
do not have a current source listed for this enzyme.  From the information
I have gathered, this is not an efficient (or popular) enzyme, which may
explain its scarcity.  Most of the references I have found are either from
the early 80's or late 70's.  If anyone knows of a source of Proline
Endopeptidase, I would be eternally grateful if you would share that
information with me.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

John
****

John Piper				jpiper at marlin.utmb.edu
Graduate Student			Phone: 409-772-6537
Department of Human Biological		Fax:   409-772-6603
Chemistry and Genetics			Soon to come:
The University of Texas Medical Branch	  http://marlin.utmb.edu/~jpiper
Galveston, TX  77555-1067