Irregular bands with my protein gels

packard at packard at
Tue May 6 20:18:13 EST 1997

I'm having some problems with irregular bands on my protein gels.  I'm
running a purified antigen (approx. 60 KD) using a 10% acrylamide gel.
The problem is that after staining/destaining my bands appear dumbell
shaped.  This doesn't happen all the time (about 50 % of the time).  I
must adhere to GMP there are few changes I can make in
the procedure.  I was wondering if this is a technique issue or
something real simple that I'm missing.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!  Please feel free to email me if you would like more info
about my dilema.  Thanks you for your time.  My email address is
packard at

				Kevin M Packard