Q: pH indicator - following H+ release on stopped flow?

Jim Reid zgha210 at alpha.qmw.ac.uk
Wed May 7 06:25:49 EST 1997

Has anyone out there recently used pH indicators in a stopped flow (or any
spec really - I don't see why it would make a difference!) to follow the
rate of proton release?  If so any tips on how to go about it?  I am
planning to use the method of Khalifah (JBC  246,2561) and any advice on
the necessary tweeks required would be appreciated.

I will of course do - try-  this anyway (using less valuable samples!)
before there is any reply but still it would be fun to hear whats been

		Jim Reid.