post doctoral Enzymology position

erik.sprengers erik.sprengers at pi.net
Mon May 19 14:35:42 EST 1997

Available: Post Doctoral Enzymology position

Organon Teknika BV is a full subsidiary of AKZO NOBEL NV, a  major chemic=
al company, with its home=20
base in the Netherlands. Organon Teknika is part of the group of pharmace=
utical business units.=20
Organon Teknika focusses on the markets of the blood bank and the hospita=
l lab, with a range of=20
parmaceutical and diagnostic products. (See the home page of AKZO NOBEL N=
V).

In our well equiped and staffed research and development facility at Boxt=
el, The Netherlands we do=20
a.o. research, development and manufacturing of microELISA based products=
 and NASBA based products.=20
NASBA is a  proprietary, isothermal transcription based technology to amp=
lify nucleic acid. The=20
technology is a.o. based on the use of three enzymes. Several NASBA based=
 products are currently=20
marketed under the brand name =93Nuclisens=94.

For our NASBA research group we are looking for a post graduate enzymolog=
ist, that will play a=20
leading role in the execution of a research project aiming at a fuller un=
derstanding of the=20
individual enzyme reactions that make up a NASBA amplification process.

The position is open for a period of two years with the option of extensi=
on.

The candidate should have proven track record in enzymology, preferably w=
ith experience with DNA/RNA=20
polymerases or DNA/RNA-ases. The candidate should have a thorough underst=
anding of enzyme kinetics,=20
in particular mathematical modelling, and methods to assess enzyme kineti=
c behaviour.

Further inquiries:=20
Organon Teknika BV
Dr. E.D. Sprengers, manager research