DNA-protein crosslink detection

Oliver Merk Oliver.Merk at medizin.uni-ulm.de
Wed May 21 09:29:36 EST 1997

I'am trying to detect DNA-protein crosslinks (DPX) after in-vivo treatment
with formaldehyde, but I still have problems with the assay from Costa and
Zhitkovich using SDS-Precipitation and DNa detection with Hoechst 33258. I get
a stable DNA-standard curve, but I'm having problems with the cell samples
(more or less crosslinking in the control, no DNA in the supernatant, ... ???)

So now I'm looking for somebody, who has established this test in his
laboratory. The best thing would be to find somebody in Germany I probalbly
could visit and learn the method. But any help would be OK.

Try to contact me via e-mail, because I'am not looking very often in the
newsgroups.

Olli