Q: BrCN-cleavage in a gel?

room 103 r103 at bham.ac.uk
Fri May 23 10:26:35 EST 1997

Hi there,

I am interested in a method to cleave a protein with a molecular mass >300
kDa with BrCN. Enzymatic digests would lead to more than 400 fragments,
therefore I think BrCN might be the best choice. Although I could blot and
cleave the protein on PVDF-membrane, I wonder whether it wouldn't be a
better option to cleave it in the gel and elute the peptides.
Can anybody provide me with a method/literature for cleavage in the gel?
Suggestions for an alternative approach would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

p.weber at bham.ac.uk