Is a tagged protein more prone to degradation? (Lysis protocols??)

Obaid Yusuf Khan 9321531k at clinmed.gla.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 08:39:07 EST 1997

I am trying to do a western blot with a protein which is tagged with a
hemagglutinin antigen epitope tag. The western worked with the antibody but a
second attempt failed, which I think is due to the tagged protein getting
degraded during lysis of the tissue cultured cells. I will appreciate if anyone can
tell me about a tested protein extraction protocol which uses protease inhibitors
etc, or is specially employed for tagged proteins.
Thanks very much
Obaid Khan