GST fusions and antibodies

Satish Nair nairs at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Thu Sep 11 18:30:39 EST 1997

Mara Michelle Casar wrote:

> I am trying to get some information about producting antibodies to GST
> fusion proteins.  I have two proteins I want to send off for
> immunizations, but I need advice first:
>
> 1.  To cleave or not to cleave?  My fused piece is about 9 kD, and seems
> pretty stable, but is it better to send the whole protein, which should
> be more immunogenic?
>
> 2.  Any recommendations on companies?  My lab has used Cocalico before, but
> I'm open to suggestions.
>
> If you have done this, please send me your thoughts on the matter... I
> have heard lots of conflicting things from many people!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mara Casar

Hi,

I don't know how relevant this may be to you but there are anti-GST
antibodies available which may serve your purpose (I think Pharmacia
sells them but please don't consider this a plug).  If you want an
antibody that uses part of your fusion peptide as an epitope, then
you'd certaintly want to cleave.