Simon Easterbrook-Smith sbe at
Mon Sep 29 19:01:42 EST 1997

It depends which ones you want to break. At least in rabbit IgG the interH
chain -SS- bond can be cleaved with about 0.1-0.2 mM DTT at pH 8, while the
interHL bonds need about 1 mM DTT. In the absence of denaturants, the
intra-domain bonds  are relatively resistant.

In article <mbzrl-290997145303 at>,
mbzrl at (Rob) wrote:

|| Hi
|| Can anyone suggest the concentration of DTT (or mercaptoethanol) and
|| conditions which would be needed to break the disulphides in an antibody.
|| Thanks
|| Rob

Dr Simon B Easterbrook-Smith    Voice: (+) 612 9351 3905
Department of Biochemistry      FAX: (+) 612 9351 4726
University of Sydney            Email: sbe at
Sydney NSW 2006
Under U.S. Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, ß227, all
unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to my address from a U.S. account is
subject to a fee of $500.00 U.S. By E-mailing me you accept these terms.
cf. <>