T-cell epitope prediction

Peter pxpst2 at SPAM.SUXS.unixs.cis.pitt.edu
Tue Aug 4 11:26:57 EST 1998

In article <bpmurray*STUFFER*-0408980200140001 at macmac-2.ucsf.edu>,
bpmurray*STUFFER*@socrates.ucsf.edu (Bernard P. Murray, PhD) wrote:

> In article <6q5rf8$gch$1 at izvestia.its.unimelb.edu.au>,
> murphy_r at licre.ludwig.edu.au (Roger Murphy) wrote:
>
> > Can anyone point me towards software that can predict T-cell epitopes,
either
> > web-based, shareware, or commercial?
> > Thanks in advance!  (Please also reply to my email)
> > Roger Murphy
>
> You don't say what platform on which you intend to use it
> but if DOS will do I have used a program called EPIPLOT that
> I grabbed from the EMBL fileserver
> eg. ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/dos/epiplot$.exe

Just out of curiousity, How good is that program at such a prediction?
Does it come close to accurate predictions?

Peter

--
"Don't you eat that yellow snow
            watch out where the Huskies go"    FZ