Transient protein interactions

Antonin Tutter atutter at aim.salk.edu
Fri Aug 14 02:57:55 EST 1998

>Hi!
>Could anyone please suggest the best way to show an interaction between
>proteins that transiently interact?  Any suggestions would be terrific.
>Thank you.

That's tough.  Often transient interactions are not detectable by Far
western or other more traditional assays.  How about UV crosslinking?  You
haven't mentioned whether this is between two recombinant proteins, or one
recombinant protein and an extract, or what...  I couldn't suggest a
protocol, but I'm sure there's a lot of literature on UV crosslinking of
proteins.

Antonin Tutter
Salk Institute for Biological Studies
RBIO-J