km determination

Michael Allen m3allen at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 4 18:42:48 EST 1998

Hello
I am currently working to determine the km's of our two different
enzymes of interest (isoforms), and am by no means a biochemist.  I am
wondering which is the best re-arrangement to determine the actual km.
i have tried some initial data using Lineweaver-Burk plots, Hofstee
plats, Woolf plots and Scatchard plots.  Only the Scatchard and
Lineweaver-Burk plot agreed.

Is there a reference re which is the best plot depending on the data?
Should they all agree within a reasonable error?

Thanks in advance

Mike Allen
M.Sc. Student
University of Waterloo