Imidazol induced oligomerization?

Pierre Rodrigues pirod at pasteur.fr
Tue Dec 8 07:23:23 EST 1998

Hello,

Does anybody knows if imidazol (used as eluant of his tag purification)
can induce or at least strongly stabilize protein oligomerization?

This because when I purify a receptor by histag technique I always
obtain it as if it was an oligomer (detected by western-blot), even
resistant to SDS-PAGE. When I look at it directly by western-blot on
crude extracts I have it mainly as a monomer with some higher bands. So,
could imidazol have stabilize the interaction?

thanks