proteins from draff extraction fluid

Gymnasium Warstein Gym_Warstein at t-online.de
Fri Dec 11 09:20:50 EST 1998

Hello,

      we are a group of studends at the age of 16 who are concerned with
the research of beer-draff. A liquid is pressed out when the draff goes
through a screw conveyor. The dry matter of this liquid, called
"treberpresssaft" ("draff extraction fluid"), consists to 50% of
proteins. We want to have a closer look at this liquid.
	We have some questions:

- Does anybody know which proteins are ins this liquid or how we can
find that out?
- Are there other persons/groups that research draff?

- Which methods can we use to find out which amino acids are in our
substance? (hydrolysis by acid or enzymes, etc.)

- Are any uses of draff or amino acids known?

- Are allergies to special amino acids known?

Our e-mail adress is: Gym_Warstein at t-online.de

Thanks for answers wish the studens from the beer-town Warstein