Zn precipitation of proteins

Pete pkursula at cc.oulu.fi
Wed Jan 14 05:54:16 EST 1998

Does anyone know any specific protein complexes that are precipitated
from tissue homogenates by the addition of 1 mM Zn chloride.

I get a huge precipitate when I add more than 0.1 mM Zn chloride that
seems to contain specific proteins. If I only had a clue what these
proteins could be...

|)    |/
|etri |\ursula

"I am somehow less interested in the weight and
convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near
certainty that people of equal talent have lived
and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
-- Stephen Jay Gould