problems during protein expression

Jennifer jmorrison at
Wed Jan 14 18:04:30 EST 1998

Hi!  My name is Jennifer Morrison.  I am a MSc student here at UPEI, and
I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem I've been
experiencing.  In our lab, we have been expressing a de novo protein in
bacterial cells and have had no problems in the past.  Lately, our cells
have been gray-black in color when harvested and the protein hasn't
shown up very well, if at all, on gel.  If you have any suggestions as
to what our problem may be, or what we could do to fix this problem,
please e-mail me at jmorrison at

Thank you very much!