fish nucleic acid extraction question?

Chris Covert ckcvrt at
Thu Jan 22 21:30:16 EST 1998

I would like to know the general concerns and " non-destructive"
techniques ( including solutions and chemicals ) used extract nucleic
acids from fish flesh.  I want to extract nucleic acids using as
"gently" a procedure as possible so that the flesh remaining can be used

Also if you were in the food processing industry why would you want to
do this and what may you be doing with these extracted nucleic acids?

I am being interviewed for a laboratory assistant postion.
Any direct answers or website URLs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Chris Covert