Nomenclature of numbering of amino acids

JJ Miranda atlantis at netcom.com
Thu Jul 9 02:22:34 EST 1998

To the best of my knowledge, or at least my experience, I've never seen a
superscript before and don't know what it could mean.

Sincere regards,
JJ Miranda

Are Kristiansen (akristiansen at pronova.no) wrote:
: Hallo,

: I have received the proof of an article to be published in BBA. As I do
: not have immediate access to recent editions of the journal and I am
: already late in returning the proof, I direct the question to this
: newsgroup:

: The journal has superscripted all numbers of amino acids. Instead of for
: example Trp28, it reads Trp<superscript:28>, i.e. the amino acid (Trp)
: is normal font, but the number (28) is superscript.

: I suppose this is a misunderstanding in the typesetting, or is it common
: to "superscript" numbers of amino acids?

: Are Kristiansen
: R&D Scientist
: Pronova Biomedical
: Gaustadalleen 21