Where to get sequenes

Elisabeth Gasteiger Elisabeth.Gasteiger at medecine.unige.ch
Thu Jul 16 07:28:42 EST 1998

> Subject: Where to get sequenes
>
> Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:24:28 -0500
>

> Help!
> Can anybody tell me where to get the amino acid sequences for subunits
> 10 and 11 of bovine mitochondrial cytochrome bc1 complex. I don't seem
> to be able to find them from the GenBank nor PDB. I know they have to be
> available as the crystal structure of the 11 subunit complex has already
> been solved. But don't know where the other places to find them with
> keywords. With many thanks.

I think the SWISS-PROT entries UCRX_BOVIN (P00130)
and UCRY_BOVIN (P07552) are the sequences you are looking for.
You can use the Sequence Retrieval System SRS
(http://www.expasy.ch/srs5/)
to search SWISS-PROT, TrEMBL and TrEMBL_NEW with keywords like
Organism: bovin
AND
all text: bc1

I hope this helps.
Best regards
Elisabeth Gasteiger, SWISS-PROT group Geneva
Elisabeth Gasteiger
Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
c/o Department of Medical Biochemistry
1, rue Michel Servet                      Tel. (+41 22) 702 54 79
CH - 1211 Geneva 4 Switzerland            Fax  (+41 22) 702 55 02
Elisabeth.Gasteiger at medecine.unige.ch     http://www.expasy.ch/