excising/concentrating protein bands

Antonin Tutter atutter at aim.salk.edu
Mon Jul 27 22:47:10 EST 1998

Hi all.

i'm new to this group, i hope my question is not inappropriate:

does anyone have a tried-and-true protocol for excising a protein band from
a gel, electroeluting it onto a membrane, and precipitating it so as to
concentrate it?  i would like to silver stain the gel first if
re-solubilization is possible.  the key here is minimal loss.  i am trying
to concentrate a peptide that i am pulling down from nuclear extract using a
his-tagged protein pulldown protocol.  the band is detectable by silver
stain.  i need to load at least 50 or so lanes to have enough peptide to
obtain sequence data.

please e-mail me your reply, i don't have access to the newsgroup form work.

thanks in advance,

Antonin Tutter
Salk Institute for Biological Studies
RBIO-J