Gradient separations of Organelles

John Ladasky jladasky at pmgm.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 3 14:53:45 EST 1998

In article <6dhim0$oqi$1 at>,
William P. Tschantz <tschantz at> wrote:
>I am looking for a reletively easy protocal to separate different membrane
>fractions by gradient centrifugation preferably using sucrose or percoll
>gradients.  Mostly want to separate PM, golgi, mitochondria and lysosomes.
>Any references to point me in the right direction would be greatly

	Ira Mellman's group has succeeded in isolating endosomal organelles
using an electrophoresis technique.  I heard him speak in 1996, about the
time that Immunity 1996 Mar;4(3):229-239 came out, so you might want to
start with that reference.  I don't know whether this would suit your needs,
since you seem to want to use gradient centrifugation, but check it out.

	Good luck!

Rainforest laid low.
"Wake up and smell the ozone,"
Says man with chainsaw.					- John Ladasky