Staining of PVDF after transfer?

Dr Dave Parcej parcej at
Tue Mar 3 09:41:17 EST 1998

Its odd that Ponceau S didnt work, but maybe youd like to try this:
Briefly dip the blot in a 0.01%(w/v) prepared in 30% methanol. I think (ie
you should test it with an unimportant sample first!) that you can destain
with either water or methanol. We used this for preparing samples for
Heres the reference:
Pappin et al (1990) Analyt Biochem. 187, 10-19
Let me know how it works!

article <34FC0E1D.D33FCCE3 at>,